Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Double Embossing

A few weeks ago, I saw this post/turorial by Angie Leach regarding double embossing and loved the look.  I had tinkered a bit with double embossing about a year ago and it worked okay.  But I think that the Designer Frame Embossing Folders that SU! released since I last tried this has really made the difference for me.  They help to finish off the look. 

So here we have the card I made using this technique.  I'll admit that I tinkered a lot with the sandwiches and finally found one that worked for me (each Big Shot is different so you have to adjust where needed).  For the oval frame, I semi-permanently (how's that for a contradiction) attached the chipboard template since I know I'll be using this technique a bit.  And because of that, I wound up ordering a 2nd set of the embossing folders to use as you would normally.  That way, I don't have to waste time finding the template, adhering it, removing it, etc. every time I want to use it.

Additionally, I wrote notes directly on my chipboard templates so it's easy for me to reference exactly the sandwiches I used for each one.  That'll be a big time saver for me when I reach for it to use them.

This card uses my two current favorite embossing folders... Vintage Wallpaper & Oval Designer Frame.  The combination of the two of them makes me quite happy.

Products used (everything is from SU! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes; 
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White;
Inks: Wild WasabiPunches: Itty Bitty Shapes;  
Sizzix Dies:  Floral Fusion Sizzlet, Little Leaves Sizzlet, Beautiful Wings Embosslit;
Sizzix Embossing Folders:  Vintage Wallpaper, Oval Designer Frame;
Embellishments: Bitty Buttons; 
Other: Big Shot, Pop Dots (Recollections), Scotch ATG.


And since I had all the other butterflies after running the Butterfly Wings Embosslit through the Big Shot, I figured I'd add a few to the inside of the card....



The possibilities are endless with this double embossing; I tried it out with several other colors and it's oh so pretty!  So be prepared to see a bunch of variations on this. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! This technique looks amazing here and now I have to go check out the link! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is so-o gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...