Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meanwhile.... at the sewing machine...

I've recently unearthed my sewing machine again and have been busy making all kinds of different things.  Here are just a few using some of the SU! Summer Smooches fabrics which is one of my favorite lines.

I made this Notepad holder for my friend (and SU! upline), Kelly.  It just got delivered to her yesterday so it's safe to post now!  I found the tutorial by Lindsay (The Cottage Mama) for it on-line and had to give it a try.  I only made a few slight changes and after a slight mix-up with my label (I try SO hard not to forget to add it!), I was happy with the results.  Hopefully Kelly will get some good use out of it.  :)

My pictures aren't the greatest because I was in a hurry but they'll have to do!


Products used (products are from SU! unless otherwise noted):
Fabric: Summer Smooches (prints), Linen (unknown);
Cardstock:  Tempting Turquoise; 
Patterned Paper:  Summer Smooches;
Other: Tailor Computer Printer Fabric (for label), Guterman thread; 
Dritz Fabric-Covered Button Maker, Bernina sewing machine.

I really, really, really love fabric-covered buttons.  



I eliminated one of the pockets on the inside left from original pattern.  I would have preferred to add it but with only 3 patterns in this fabric line, adding another pocket made everything too busy.  So, I eliminated it.  I like that there's a pocket on the right that is hidden under the notepad.  It's a secret little place to tuck things.


 I bought the notepad from Staples and like that it's not your average lined paper; this 
one is specific for "project" details and thought it would be good for Kelly to document 
some SU! projects I know that she has swirling around in that creative mind of hers!  
I used some Summer Smooches DSP to cover up the decorative strip that was 
at the top of the notepad so that it coordinated with everything else. 


I have to order some "real" labels but in the meantime, 
I printed my own to add to my creations. 



From this same fabric, I also made a 2 different credit card wallets.  Even though they're very simple and easy to make, I know I can do better.  But I did learn a lot making them.  Sometimes it's the tinier projects that give me some trouible, lol!    I found the tutorial for the credit card wallet on the left at My So Called Green Life.  Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me find the pattern I used for the one on the right.  It was originally a gift card holder (of which I've made several) but adjusted it to have multiple pockets to use more as a wallet.  I'll find it amongst my mayhem some day soon and will come back and edit this post with the information!




I spent 7 hours yesterday at the PA National Quilt Extravaganza yesterday so the ideas are swirling around in my head (and my empty wallet!).  I'm off to go oogle my purchases and get busy behind the sewing machine again.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Colleen

4 comments:

  1. You are the most creative little person EVER!!! I absolutely adore my "little something", which isn't little at all!! Your label is so stinkin' cute, too, a perfect touch. Thanks for mentioning where you got that awesome pad, too, it's genius! And, did you know that if fits my kindle fire perfectly as well?!?! I'm honored to have received this little masterpiece. LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO SO SO glad you liked it! And I'm even happier now knowing that it fits your Kindle! YAY!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...