Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Swap Cards

Catching up on posting a few cards I did for our monthly swaps.

This first one was from July; the theme was to use at least one of the new in-colors (I chose Midnight Muse) and at least one Big Shot item (I chose the Beautiful Wings Embosslit).  The butterfly on the front of the card was punched from the stamped large flower in the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set.  It was somewhat of an accidental find.  Shortly after getting this stamp set, I was stamping the flower for a different project and accidentally smudged part of the outer image of the flower.  And since I don't like wasting anything, I grabbed the Elegant Butterfly punch and punched it out of the stamped image.  I loved how it looked so I incorporated it into this card.

 Products used (everything is from SU! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Sets: Betsy's Blossoms, Sweet Essentials;  Patterned Paper:  Comfort Cafe DSP;
Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla;  Ink: Rich Razzleberry;
Sizzix:  Beautiful Wings Embosslit;
  Punches: Elegant Butterfly, Scallop Trim Border;  
Ribbon:   Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon (retired), Hemp Twine (retired);
Other:   Big Shot, Pop Dots (Recollections), Glue Dots, Scotch ATG.







For this month, the theme was simply "Halloween".  I absolutely love Halloween so I was happy to sign up for this swap.  I kept it very simple and combined stamps from 3 different sets.  And, I also wound up using Cajun Craze instead of a more obvious choice of Pumpkin Pie or Tangerine Tango.  I like the deeper orange/red color for this card and paired it with Basic Black & Soft Suede.

Products used (everything is from SU! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Sets: Toxic Treats, Seasonal Sayings, Border Banter;  
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Soft Suede;   Ink: Basic Black;
Sizzix:  Chevron Embossing Folder;
  Ribbon:  Basic Black 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon;
Other:   Big Shot, Pop Dots (Recollections), Scotch ATG.


Now I'm anxious to get some Halloween decorating started!  I hope the weather where you are is starting to feel very crisp and Autumnal like it is here! 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Colleen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...