Friday, February 10, 2012

SU! January Card Club - part 1

I'm back!  Whew!  I'd say I was just gone for a long winter's nap but well... apparently it would have been a half-summer-all-of-autumn-and-half-winter's nap.  When really, I was simply remiss.  Sigh.

So, I'm off & running again and have been spending some time trying to get things a little more advanced on here.  A new labeling system... probably more for me than anyone else.  Some tweaks here & there.  Some color changes.  And some other things that I just felt like changing up.  YAY.

So.... here are the first 2 projects we did for SU! Club in January.  A little heavy on the heart/valentine theme this month but I mixed it up to have one card, one layout, one gift.  And then I fit in a birthday card, too.

First up.... This layout was inspired by a card by Leigha Rock which I absolutely swooned over.  Since I already had a Valentine's Day card picked out, I converted this to a 12 x 12 layout. This was the first I got to use the new Sizzix Edgelits and the coordinating folders & stamps.  LOVE them. 


Products used (everything is from SU! unless otherwise noted):
Punches: Heart to Heart, Jewelry Tag;  
Stamp sets: French Foliage, Bordering on Romance, Winter Post, Tiny Tags;
Sizzix Embossing Folder:  Adorning Accents;  
Sizzix Dies:  Adorning Accents Edgelit; Ribbon: Hemp Twine; 
Inks: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral; 
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, 
Blushing Bride, Poppy Parade, Rose Red;  
Other: Big Shot, Sponge Daubers, Pop Dots (American Crafts), Scotch ATG.



Next up was a Gift Card Holder Valentine Card.  This was pretty fun to make; I had never done this one before.  (Apologies in advance for the inside photo; I shouldn't have picked a red gift card to display inside a red card.  My eyes, my eyes!)  There's a great tutorial by Natasha Hein explaining how to make a gift card holder.


Products used (everything is from SU! unless otherwise noted):
Punches: Lace Ribbon Border, Word Window;  Stamp sets: P.S. I Love You;
Sizzix Dies:  Hearts Framelit, Fashionable Hearts Embosslit; 
Inks: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red;  
Patterned Paper: Twitterpated DSP;
Other: Big Shot, Pop Dots (American Crafts), Scotch ATG.

Stay tuned.... part 2 with the other two projects is coming next. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay, layouts and cards and boxes oh my!

    Great to see your creations again Colleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your take on the gift card holder! Thanks for sharing and linking.. : )

    Natasha
    www.diaryoftwocraftygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is beautiful! I'm definitely going to have to CAS that for one of my clubs, if that's ok?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! Of course you can! (It's not my original design since I took the inspiration from Leigha Rock's card.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...